Re: RFS: gtkpod (updated package)

Hello,

As the usual disclaimer says, please not that I am not a DD and so, I can not
sponsor this package. However here is my review of gtkpod_2.0.0-1 (md5sum of dsc
in case it changed : c9d4216c068873d3939f310de582c671).

  - it builds in a clean chroot. However dpkg-shlibdeps complains about unneeded
    shared libraries.
  - debian/copyright makes references to nonexistent or moved files. For example
    wavfile.{c,h} now live in plugins/filetype_wav, and there are no md5.{c,h}
    file. This is a blocker, you should clarify which copyright applies to which
    file.
  - debian/rules :
    - why do you remove RPATHs from executables and binary ? It's stated briefly
      in NEWS.debian, but the reason is not there.
    - as libgtkpod.la is new, no reverse dependencies should depend on its
      existence. It should be safe not to install it[1].
  - debian/patches : please consider using the DEP-3 format[2].
  - debian/changelog :
    - as your ITA bug has been merged with the O bug, closing one should close
      the other one.
    - technically, your patch system is not quilt, but the "3.0 (quilt)" format.
      "quilt" refers to quilt used manually against sources, or with dh --with
      quilt.
    - the "README.debian" is not necessary.
  - lintian : clean upto -I. -E shows one warning : X: libgtkpod1:
    shlib-calls-exit usr/lib/gtkpod/libsorttab_display.so It's mostly processes
    exiting after fork(), and arguments processing. In the latter case, you
    might convince upstream to do that outside the library.

Thanks for contributing to Debian !

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/ReleaseGoals/LAFileRemoval
[2] http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep3/
--