Re: RFS: socketcan-utils

Hello,

On Mon, 2 May 2011 17:07:01 +0200
Markus Becker <mab@comnets.uni-bremen.de> wrote:

[ I'm not a DD, but I'd like to share some my ideas about your RFS,
however. ]

> * Package name    : socketcan
>   Version         : 0.0.1+svn1240-1
>   Upstream Author :     Volkswagen Group Electronic Research
>     Wolfgang Grandegger <wg@grandegger.com>
>     Vladislav Gribov, IXXAT Automation GmbH, <gribov@ixxat.de>
>     <socketcan-users@lists.berlios.de>

Is it an author, or multiple authors? Does it really matter where do
they work? Also, <socketcan-users@> don't really seem to belong here.

> * URL             : <svn://svn.berlios.de/socketcan/trunk>

I'd prefer to specify http:// URL here, that is, the home page of the
project.

> * License         : GPL-2

Is it just GPL-2, or GPL-2 and later? If latter, it must be GPL-2+ here.

>   Section         : net

You'd better put some short package description here (which probably
goes into Description field of debian/control file).

> It builds these binary packages:
> socketcan-driver - Source for the socketcan kernel modules

This maybe should include -source as the part of the package name (I'm
not sure, however, but I'd do it that way).

> socketcan-utils - Socket-CAN user space programs

[...]

> Please CC me, as I am not subscribed to the list.

I do.

--
WBR, Andrew