Re: RFS: nautilus-image-manipulator

Julien,

2011/5/1 Julien Valroff <julien@debian.org>:
> Le dimanche 01 mai 2011 à 15:12:48 (+0200 CEST), Emilien Klein a écrit :
> I don't get this empty directory when removing the complete dh_install
> override...
>
> Looking at the bug you reported against python-distutils-extra [0], I have
> checked the code and noticed the behaviour was actually fixed in revision
> 241 [1].

Indeed, this has been fixed, but the bug I reported was not updated.
I've added a comment there so that it can get closed. I guess it got
fixed inadvertently!
I have thus removed the now-unnecessary override.

>> [...] Where should I add such a note? I see none such note
>> in the description of nautilus-open-terminal.
>
> README.Debian seems the best place, though not all users look at this
> before reporting a bug ;)

I've added a README.Debian file, with it's content blatantly copied
from your version made for nautilus-open-terminal!

>> > As for the application itself: what features does it bring compared to
>> > nautilus-image-converter? Sending by email can already be done by
>> > nautilus-sendextension.
>>
>> Actually sending the resized images by email is a feature that's not
>> yet implemented. The only option to send for now is to send it to a
>> remote file hosting site, which is not supported by
>> nautilus-image-converter. Other features is zipping the resized
>> images, and putting in subfolders. These are the features I
>> concentrated on to get the first release out. More will follow.
>
> Thanks, I now understand your motivation and objectives.

Great!

>> > I have also noticed a behaviour which should be changed: when resizing a
>> > small image to a greater size, it gets actually resized (ie. a 500x500
>> > picture is resized to eg. 768x768). I would expect the pictures to be
>> > resized to smaller size only if the aim is to reduce their weight so that
>> > they can easily be sent eg. by email.
>>
>> Actually that's a feature, not a bug. I explicitly allow to resize up
>> to 200% (if you use the scaling option) to accommodate some users
>> wanting to increase the height and width of the images. If someone
>> expresses that need, I'm OK with allowing them to do it even if it
>> degrades the quality of the images...
>
> As a user, I would appreciate a warning when resizing means degrading the
> quality of a picture.

Created a new bug report [0].

> [...]
>> Please review the updated package.
>
> Please check this empty directory issue and try and write a small note about
> restarting nautilus, I'll then upload the package for you.

Both done. New version uploaded, please check.

Thanks Julien!
    +Emilien

P.S.: Please CC me since I'm not subscribed to the mentors list.

[0] https://bugs.launchpad.net/nautilus-image-manipulator/+bug/775024