Re: Package consisting of a single data file.

Paul Elliott <pelliott@blackpatchpanel.com> writes:

> How does one package a single data file. Only other files are needed
> excepted required documentation files and license files.

I suggest using a minimal ‘dh’-style ‘debian/rules’, and specifying the
files to install in a config file as described in ‘dh_install(1)’.

> Nothing to be built.

So long as there is no build configuration for ‘dh_auto_build(1)’ to
find, then the ‘dh build’ step will be empty by default; you shouldn't
need to do anything special.

--
 \     “Why am I an atheist? I ask you: Why is anybody not an atheist? |
  `\      Everyone starts out being an atheist.” —Andy Rooney, _Boston |