Re: RFS: flvmeta

On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 01:51:47PM +0700, Theppitak Karoonboonyanan wrote:

> * debian/control:
> - The appropriate section should be "video", not "utils".
>   See its friends here:
>     http://packages.debian.org/unstable/video/
> - Vcs-Svn is currently pointing to upstream VCS. But this field is for debian
>   packaging VCS. Please also consider adding Vcs-Browser as well when
>   you do so.
>   For reference:
>     http://www.debian.org/doc/developers-reference/best-pkging-practices.html#bpp-vcs
I'm misunderstanding this, should drop soon.

> * debian/gbp.conf
> - This file should not be shipped with the distributed source package,
>   where .git/ is not available, making the config file meaningless.
>   It should be ignored using "extend-diff-ignore" in debian/source/options
>   or debian/source/local-options.
>   In your case, to completely hide the ignore info from outside Git repository,
>   you had better use debian/source/local-options and maintain it in Git only.
>   More info:
>     http://raphaelhertzog.com/2010/09/14/how-to-customize-dpkg-sources-behaviour-in-your-debian-source-package/

I have added the debian/source/local-options already, but the git-buildpackage does not pass this option to the git-pbuilder properly, I found it still a bug of
git-buildpackage (#606412). Hence, just work around by using git-buildpackage to build the debian src and then using cowbuilder to build the binary package later.