Re: RFS: downtimed

On Tue, 08 Feb 2011, Michael Biebl wrote:
> On 08.02.2011 18:01, Holger Levsen wrote:
> > On Dienstag, 8. Februar 2011, Mats Erik Andersson wrote:
> >> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/d/downtimed/downtimed_0.4-1.dsc
> > - "# Do we want to go? " is strange english (says the German..)
> > in /etc/defaul/downtimed, I would probably just shorten the whole line to '#
> > Set to "Yes" or "yes" or not.'  :-)
>
> I don't like those disable-service-via-etc-default files at all.

The only reason they should be used is when the default configuration
should not start the daemon. After all, you can always achieve the
same effect by putting an exit 0; in the default file if you
absolutely needed to.

Don Armstrong

--
It was a very familiar voice. [...] It was a voice you could have used
to open a bottle of whine.