Re: RFS: failmalloc - Memory allocation failure crash-test tool (2nd try)

On Tue, Jan 04, 2011 at 05:31:54PM +0100, Niels Thykier wrote:
> Not quite correct. Lintian allows you to B-D on autotools-dev (among
> others) to suppress this warning. Adding it to B-D makes lintian skip
> the check entirely (yupe, I did look it up in the lintain source[1]). As
> I recall you can do this with a B-D dh-autoreconf plus
>
> %:
> 	dh $@ --with autoreconf
>
> in d/rules.
>
> Though lintian will not suppress the warning in this case (see #592358).
> In this case, just override the tag or even leave it there; I /suspect/
> this will be fixed in lintian in one of the next versions.

I managed to get the config.* files upgrade with

%:
	dh $@ --with autotools-dev

Do you think this is ok? Using autoreconf would have deleted many files
from the upstream sources and I think this is not a good thing.

> True, but if they want to directly link against it they can still do it
> by passing -L/usr/lib/libfailmalloc -lfailmalloc, so you are not
> preventing it (just making it slightly less trivial).
>
>   As for linking against it and not needing failmalloc (binary package);
> I think you would, since the unversioned symlink is shipped in
> failmalloc (alternatively there is no reason to ship the unversioned
> symlink in the failmalloc binary package).

Quite a good point indeed.

I re-uploaded, dropping the libfailmalloc0 package and adding
autotools-dev to rules.

--
perl -E'$_=q;$/= @{[@_]};and s;\S+;<inidehG ordnasselA>;eg;say~~reverse'