Re: RFS: v3c-2.4.0-01

On 13/12/11 23:30, Etienne Millon wrote:
* Philip Ashmore<contact@philipashmore.com>  [111214 00:08]:
I've filed an ITP against WNPP for this package.

I've also uploaded my packages to mentors.debian.net.

The dsc file is:
http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/v/v3c/v3c_2.4.0-01-1.dsc

Regards,
Philip Ashmore

Hello,

I am not a DD so I can't sponsor you, but I had a look at your package:

   - first of all, it does not build in a sid chroot. A quick glance at
     the build log seems to reveal that libtool is missing :

v3c/v3c.mak:164: Setting the build mode to default [debug]
v3c/v3c.mak:188: *** New configuration (will save).
/tmp/buildd/v3c-2.4.0-01/v3c/v3c_mak.sh: 739: /tmp/buildd/v3c-2.4.0-01/v3c/v3c_mak.sh: libtool: not found
[v3c_mak.sh] You need to install libtool - take a look at README.
make[1]: *** [configure.ac] Error 1

   - the source package has a lot of lintian warnings (when you run
     lintian -I v3c_2.4.0-01-1.dsc, no warnings should appear. Add -i
     to have longer descriptions). Most of them seem easy to fix,
     though.

   - debian/control :

     - both short and extended descriptions are not enough. If I don't
       already know what v3c does, this is what is supposed to inform
       me :)

     - does v3c-doc really need graphviz and doxygen at runtime ?

   - debian/changelog : please explain that this is an initial release
     and that it closes your ITP bug, as explained in the new
     maintainer's guide.

   - I don't think that debian/*.in should be there.
Where in debian/rules can I insert a command to delete the debian/*.in files?

     http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/maint-guide/dreq.en.html#changelog

That's it for the moment !

Have a nice day,
Regards,