Re: RFS: v3c-2.4.0-01

* Philip Ashmore <contact@philipashmore.com> [111214 00:08]:
> I've filed an ITP against WNPP for this package.
>
> I've also uploaded my packages to mentors.debian.net.
>
> The dsc file is:
> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/v/v3c/v3c_2.4.0-01-1.dsc
>
> Regards,
> Philip Ashmore

Hello,

I am not a DD so I can't sponsor you, but I had a look at your package:

  - first of all, it does not build in a sid chroot. A quick glance at
    the build log seems to reveal that libtool is missing :

v3c/v3c.mak:164: Setting the build mode to default [debug]
v3c/v3c.mak:188: *** New configuration (will save).
/tmp/buildd/v3c-2.4.0-01/v3c/v3c_mak.sh: 739: /tmp/buildd/v3c-2.4.0-01/v3c/v3c_mak.sh: libtool: not found
[v3c_mak.sh] You need to install libtool - take a look at README.
make[1]: *** [configure.ac] Error 1

  - the source package has a lot of lintian warnings (when you run
    lintian -I v3c_2.4.0-01-1.dsc, no warnings should appear. Add -i
    to have longer descriptions). Most of them seem easy to fix,
    though.

  - debian/control :

    - both short and extended descriptions are not enough. If I don't
      already know what v3c does, this is what is supposed to inform
      me :)

    - does v3c-doc really need graphviz and doxygen at runtime ?

  - debian/changelog : please explain that this is an initial release
    and that it closes your ITP bug, as explained in the new
    maintainer's guide.

  - I don't think that debian/*.in should be there.

    http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/maint-guide/dreq.en.html#changelog

That's it for the moment !

Have a nice day,

--