Re: RFS: qastools

Sebastian H. wrote:
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "qastools".
>
>  * Package name    : qastools
>    Version         : 0.16.0-1
>    Upstream Author : Sebastian Holtermann <sebholt@xwmw.org>
>  * URL             : http://xwmw.org/qastools
>  * License         : GPL-3
>    Section         : sound
>
> It builds those binary packages:
>
> qastools   - collection of desktop tools for ALSA

A few comments about your man pages:

  - Your .TH line is "wrong" (you shouldn't use the command name and
    section number a second time after the date); have a look at
    /usr/share/man/man7/man-pages.7.gz for a better example.

  - qasconfig and qashctl don't take any options; please adjust their
    SYNOPSIS accordingly.

  - "SEE ALSO provides a comma-separated list of related man pages,
    ordered by section number and then alphabetically by name" (see
    man-pages(7)); please also indicate the section number in
    parentheses following the name.

  - In qasconfig(1), you list qasconfig in the SEE ALSO section, intead
    of (presumably) qashctl(1).

  - Please consider removing the AUTHOR section from all three man
    pages, as advised in man-pages(7). It wouldn't hurt having copyright
    information for the man page in a comment header though.

Cheers,

--
Benoît Knecht