Re: RFS: unetbootin

On 2011-12-10 18:54, Muneeb Shaikh wrote:
> > 1) you bumped debhelper build-dependency version from 7 to 8, why?
> >   Also, changes like this should be always documented in
> >   debian/changelog.
> >

> Actually it's not required right away, but from future perspective I
> changed that.

This is generally not a valid reason. For example, this makes it
impossible to build the package on the system which has debhelper v7
installed, for no reason.

In the changelog of 565-2 you wrote:
"Bumped debhelper version to 8 which should be required in future."
Required by whom? In what future? I don't get what did you meant.
Please explain (here in the list discussion). Or, alternatively, just
revert this change.

C++/Perl developer, Debian Developer