Re: RFS: unetbootin

On Sat, Dec 10, 2011 at 3:23 PM, Eugene V. Lyubimkin <jackyf@debian.org> wrote:
> Hi Muneeb,
>
> On 2011-12-08 03:50, Muneeb Shaikh wrote:
>>   dget -x http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/u/unetbootin/unetbootin_565-1.dsc
>
> 1) you bumped debhelper build-dependency version from 7 to 8, why?
>   Also, changes like this should be always documented in
>   debian/changelog.

Actually it's not required right away, but from future perspective I
changed that.
I was actually confused whether to include that in changelog. I'll do this from
next releases.

> 2) you removed a build-dependency version of libqt4-dev (which was ">=
>   4.2"). That's fine, but should me mentioned in the debian/changelog,
>   preferrably with a short explanation why it should be safe.

libqt4-dev doesn't need a version to be specified. So it was removed.
Again due to
confusion I didn't include. I'll take note of it.

>> The Git repository us at:
>> http://git.debian.org/?p=collab-maint/unetbootin.git;a=summary
>
> By the way, it's good you use a repository, but it's not good you merged
> all your debian/ changes into a single commit which is not easier to
> review than a .dsc.

Actually I'm doing all the changes and testing in separate directory
and if all works
well, I apply those changes in Git repository. (it's fear of making
mistake which restricts
myself doing changes in Git repo ;) )

I'll try to commit changes as soon as I make some changes.

I have made the changes according to the review and the new packages is at:
http://mentors.debian.net/package/unetbootin

The respective dsc file can be found at:
http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/u/unetbootin/unetbootin_565-2.dsc

 The Git repository is at:
 http://git.debian.org/?p=collab-maint/unetbootin.git;a=summary

-Muneeb