Re: RFS: anox

Hi,

Sébastien Bertrand <thedamocles@gmail.com> writes:
>    anox  - run an application in another X server

While I don't plan to sponsor this, I found a few bugs after a short
look at the package:

 - It's hardcoded to use "xinit -- :1 vt8".
 - It uses /tmp in an unsafe way (eg. predictable filename).  Please use
   one of the methods Python provides for creating temporary files.
 - It probably does not handle whitespace in command names or
   directories.
 - From the documentation on Popen.wait[1]:
   "Warning: This will deadlock when using stdout=PIPE and/or
   stderr=PIPE and the child process generates enough output to a pipe
   such that it blocks waiting for the OS pipe buffer to accept more
   data."
 - The package does not depend on anything providing ck-launch-session.

Ansgar

[1] <http://docs.python.org/library/subprocess.html>