Re: How to correct BTS error statistics

Hi!

Am 06.12.2011 23:32, schrieb Don Armstrong:

>> Found in version package-a/a.a-x
>> Fixed in version package-b/b.b-y
>>
>> The Bugs show up in the UDD (1); the PTS (2) is clean (now bugs are
>> shown); new versions
>> of package-a have already been built. I was told to use the notfound
>> control for the bug server,
>> but I did not understand which version to use: x or x+1.
> It depends on precisely which bug you're talking about. The BTS itself
> is the definitive record of whether a bug is closed in a particular
> version or not.

Martin is talking about bugs like #618138, which was opened against
globus-rsl/7.2-2 but closed with doxygen/1.7.3-6.

Martin the mail you send to 618125 was in principle correct, however it
should have been send to control@bugs.debian.org.

Mails send to 123456@bugs.debian.org are _not_ scanned for commands,
they will just appear in the bug log.  Please also note that mails send
to control@bugs.debian.org will change a bugs state, but won't show up
in the bug log.  So please send such mails to 12345@bugs.debian,org and
BCC them also to control@bugs.debian.org.

Please also note, that there are quite a couple of bugs affected not
just the one you tried to fix, which would need some bts cleanup,

Best regards,
  Alexander