Re: RFS: git2cl

On Fri, Dec 2, 2011 at 7:42 PM, Dmitry Smirnov wrote:

> Thanks for handy advice. It may be nice to use tags for versioning,
> but I'd like to keep translated-to-date version because it is human-readable
> and meaningful.
> "2.0" doesn't say much and I'm not sure what to do if minor update to upstream
> repository will not be tagged.
>
> Shall we keep version with date please?
> Of course I'll change it as advised if you insist.

All version numbers are meaningless, I just find it a bit strange to
use a different version number to what upstream uses. Using git
describe will give you the closest to what upstream uses.

You are the maintainer of the package though, so the version number is
your decision. Should I upload as-is or do you want to switch it to
the upstream version number?

--
bye,
pabs