Re: dep5: Two licensing / One file

Hello Mathieu

Sorry for the late reply. I hope it's not too late...

On Saturday 19 November 2011 16:08:45 Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
>   I am trying to get the d/copyright file in good shape for one of my
> package: pylibtiff. This python binding to libtiff is shipping a
> patched file tif_lzw.c from the original tiff package. This file
> starts with a license (1) and ends with a slightly different one (2).
> I am trying to use dep5 format to specify the license info of this
> file. How would one do ? Something like the following ?

> Files:  tif_lzw.c
> Copyright: 1988-1997 Sam Leffler
>   1991-1997 Silicon Graphics, Inc.
>    1985, 1986 The Regents of the University of California.
> License: BSD and BSD
> <include both bsd licenses>

I'd think that "BSD and BSD" will be confusing for humans (may be) and for
parser (more likely).

I'd suggest something like:

Files:  tif_lzw.c
Copyright: 1988-1997 Sam Leffler
  1991-1997 Silicon Graphics, Inc.
  1985, 1986 The Regents of the University of California.
Comment: file has been licensed with 2 slightly different BSD licenses
License: BSD
  <include both bsd licenses>

HTH

Dominique