Re: How to suppress expected lintian warnings?

On Thu, 24 Nov 2011 12:51:43 +0100, Ole Wolf wrote:
I'm getting some lintian warnings on one of my packages (at
http://mentors.debian.net/package/nemid):

 W: nemid: postinst-has-useless-call-to-ldconfig
 W: nemid: postrm-has-useless-call-to-ldconfig

 The reason is quite evident: the nemid package doesn't include a
library; instead, the postinst and postrm scripts download a library
from an external web page and call ldconfig afterwards. Lintian
obviously can't know that a library is being installed and removed,
hence the warning.

 How do I suppress this lintian warning without resorting to, e.g.,
secondary download-and-install scripts that are invoked from postinst
and postrm?

 Oh, by the way: I'm still looking for a sponsor for the package. :)

You can use the file debian/nemid.lintian-overrides to do that. Add comments about why are doing the override.

More info at http://lintian.debian.org/manual/section-2.4.html

Cheers
kix