Re: RFS: jabber-querybot

On Wed, 23 Nov 2011 08:06:09 +0100, Marco Balmer wrote:

Good point! I changed upstream and built a new version:

http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/j/jabber-querybot/jabber-querybot_0.0.5.1-1.dsc

* d/postinst: removed
* File installed to /etc/jabber-querybot

Hi Marco,

unfortunately, there are things you should change before I can upload:

- according to debdiff between the version currently in unstable and this version, you changed the 0.0.4-1 changelog entry; which you should really not (unless there is a good reason; in which case you should mention it in the changelog entry for the to-be-uploaded version) - you have to cleanup after the faulty postinst that reached the archive in jabber-querybot 0.0.4-1 (and I plea guilty for this). If you just "drop" the postinst without making sure the symlink that it added is properly removed, then it will end up with that situation:

$  ls -la /etc/jabber-querybot/
total 12
drwxr-xr-x  2 root root 4096 Nov 23 09:42 .
drwxr-xr-x 43 root root 4096 Nov 23 09:37 ..
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 50 Nov 23 09:38 Querymodule.pm -> /usr/share/doc/jabber-querybot/examples/Testbot.pm
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root root 2133 Nov 23 06:33 Querymodule.pm.dpkg-new

So you probably need a "preinst" that checks the version you are upgrading from, tests the symlink and removes it in case it still exists. Then, at unpacking phase, the correct Querymodule.pm file will get unpacked at its correct place.

Cheers,

OdyX