Re: RFS: bibtexconv

Hi Thomas,

Thomas Dreibholz wrote:
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "bibtexconv".
>
> * Package name    : bibtexconv
>   Version         : 0.8.0
>   Upstream Author : Thomas Dreibholz <dreibh@iem.uni-due.de>
> * URL             : http://www.iem.uni-due.de/~dreibh/bibtexconv/index.html
> * License         : GPL version 3
>    Section         : tex
>
> It builds those binary packages:
>
> bibtexconv - BibTeX Converter

I had a look at your package; here are a few comments:

  - You should install the example files in
    /usr/share/doc/bibtexconv/examples instead of /usr/share/bibtexconv;

  - It would be great if your debian/copyright file followed DEP-5
    (http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep5/);

  - Speaking of copyright, the upstream COPYING file refers to a
    COPYING.GPL file, but it isn't included in the package, which means
    there is no copy of the GPL provided with the package;

  - I'm not sure why the man pages are in section 8. Seems to me like
    section 1 would be correct (see man man-pages for details). Also,
    both man pages have an ARGUMENTS and an EXAMPLES sections; according
    to man-pages(7), they should be named OPTIONS and EXAMPLE,
    respectively. Oh and the last option in bibtexconv.8 is missing a
    leading dash (-non-interactive).

  - debian/changelog has only one entry, but it starts with 0.8.0-2; why
    not 0.8.0-1?

Cheers,

--
Benoît Knecht