Running some commands with another uid from debian/rules?

Dear all,

After having asked here how to run mysqld to run a test suite in
debian/rules for the ruby-dataobjects-mysql ruby package [1]
and having received useful advice from Thomas Goirand [2], which helped
me a lot, I would like to ask a similar question for
ruby-dataobjects-postgres, ruby-dataobjects-mysql's brother.

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2011/10/msg00473.html
[2] http://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2011/10/msg00479.html

For this package, I would need to run an instance of postgres server to
be able to run the test suite of the package. Contrary to mysqld,
postgres refuses to be run as root. I tried to use su/sudo but I get
some error when I try to build the package (with git-buildpackage which
is I guess using fakeroot):

ERROR: ld.so: object 'libfakeroot-sysv.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be
preloaded: ignored.

It seems to be the reason why debian/test-pgsql.sh was deactivated in
libdbi-drivers, as the same error occurs when I reactivate it.

I just wanted to check with you if there was a(n other) way to launch the postgres
server with the postgres uid from debian/rules (or a script run from
there), or if there was no hope to achieve that.

Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards,

	Cédric