Re: packages on debian mentors.net

On Mon, 2011-11-14 at 21:53 +0100, Arno Töll wrote:
> Hello Chris,
>
> On 14.11.2011 21:39, Chris Carr wrote:
> > I am identifiable - I have uploaded a previous package[1] in exactly the
> > same way and received email notification. Yet this time I have had no
> > email, either success or rejection. The package has not appeared in
> > mentors, yet dput thinks everything is fine.
>
> dput does not know anything about the repository itself. It only checks
> whether an *.upload file is present in your local working directory.
>
> In your particular case you should check your spam folder, our log tells
> you have been informed about the reject message:

That's very odd. I can confirm that I did not receive the email - it is
not in Gmail's junk folder either.

> 2011-11-13 +0000 21:30:01,973 ERROR [debexpo.importer.8322] Rejected:
> Your changes file appears invalid. Refusing your upload
> MD5 sum mismatch in file angband-audio_3.1.0.orig.tar.gz:
> a309eaf863e0f07b522e4aff4b694dd8 != 9ee09ff7aa43a181dd8e7edd06d83f40
>
> You did not upload the orig.tar.gz and the version on Debian mirrors
> does not match with yours. You probably modified it in some way.

This is even odder. Yes, I have built a new version of the package - I
built it months ago and found no sponsor. So I have a new sponsor, for
whom I am packaging in a different way. I have learned since my first
attempt to build the package, and I now convert the original wavs to
oggs during the build process - this enables me to leave the
orig.tar.gz containing the wav files and leave the original source less
disturbed. (In the earlier version, I converted to oggs before creating
orig.tar.gz)

Since I am the only person who has ever built this package, how can I
not replace the old version with the new one? It has long since
disappeared from my mentors account, so I cannot delete it.

Grateful for any help.

Regards,

CC