Re: Additional lintian warnings in mentors upload

Hi,

> I've noticed that the lintian check on my mentors uploads are a bit more strict than the lintian checks on my PC; for example, lintian on mentors catches version numbering intended for debian native packages. I want to eliminate such warnings and errors before I upload rather than discovering them afterwards.

Just try to use special options for verbose output. I use something like this:
lintian -ivI --pedantic *.changes

> My lintian version is v.2.5.3ubuntu2, so I'm guessing it's been modified for Ubuntu to skip such warnings/errors as the one mentioned above. Will a "real" (debian) lintian capture such errors/warnings, or do the mentor upload scripts make specific checks that won't be made by any generic lintian package I might find for debian?

As I know there is no big difference between these packages in Debian and Ubuntu.
Also I think there is no any reason to disable this specific warning in Ubuntu.
So the problem on your side...

Regards,
Boris