Re: eiskaltdcpp (updated package)

On 2011-11-05 19:52, Boris Pek wrote:
> Dear mentors,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "eiskaltdcpp".
>
> Package was uploaded to m.d.n almost month ago (09 Oct 2011). And nobody
> interested to upload it in Debian. So I make this request.
>
> There are such changes in this updated package:
>   * Additional fields Vcs-Svn and Vcs-Browser in debian/control were updated.
>   * Additional section get-orig-source was added in debian/rules.
>   * File debian/copyright was rewritten in according to DEP-5.
>   * File debian/libeiskaltdcpp2.2.lintian-overrides was added:
>     It hide lintian information note no-symbols-control-file.
>     (There is no stable API in this library)
>
> You can look at package rules here:
>   https://github.com/tehnick/eiskaltdcpp-debian/tree/master/debian/
>
> Further information about this package can be found here:
>   http://mentors.debian.net/package/eiskaltdcpp
>
> Direct link:
>   http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/e/eiskaltdcpp/eiskaltdcpp_2.2.4-2.dsc

> Best regards,
> Boris

Hi,

The changelog says you updated the Vcs-Svn field, but I think you meant
Vcs-Git field.

The rules file is not passing CFLAGS/CXXFLAGS/CPPFLAGS/LDFLAGS to cmake
so very likely it is not getting the necessary flags (i.e. no hardning
flags).  I am not a major cmake expert, but:

"""
include /usr/share/dpkg/buildflags.mk
"""

plus:

"""
 -DCMAKE_C_FLAGS="$(CFLAGS)" -DCMAKE_CXX_FLAGS="$(CFLAGS) " \
 -DCMAKE_SHARED_LINKER_FLAGS="$(LDFLAGS)" \
 -DCMAKE_MODULE_LINKER_FLAGS="$(LDFLAGS)" \
 -DCMAKE_EXE_LINKER_FLAGS="$(LDFLAGS)"
"""

worked for my cmake packages.  It would also be nice if the output
included the actual invocation of the compiler, so the flags used were
visible (makes it easier to debug).

~Niels