Re: RFS: instead

14.10.2011 09:02, Helmut Grohne пишет:
Hi Jakub,

On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 10:17:12AM +0200, Jakub Wilk wrote:
* Helmut Grohne<helmut@subdivi.de>, 2011-10-12, 09:12:
Your debian/rules file basically needs to be rewritten.
Sorry, but that's not helpful. Care to elaborate what's so
inherently wrong with the current debian/rules?
I highlighted some aspects below, but there are more and I should have
mentioned them.

It would also help to compress the file by using e.g. dh.
Help with what? (I took me a while to understand what you meant
here. dh doesn't compress anything, except through dh_compress. ;>)
Sorry for being unclear. It would help with readability. Using dh kind
of compresses the file, because it removes the need to list every single
dh_* command on its own line. Thus a rules file using dh is usually much
shorter.

Why do you depend on debhelper 8 again
Because he uses compat 8.
Is this the only debhelper 8 "feature" he uses?

when you don't even use dh?
I don't see how is that relevant.
This is not a direct problem in the package, but it highlights that the
maintainer did not fully understand what debhelper version 8 provides.

So what else is going on in the rules file?

  * "# Add here commands to configure the package." (multiple times)
  * "#       dh_installcron" (multiple times)
  * configure is run from build-stamp target, so the configure-stamp
    target becomes useless.
  * "rm -rf Rules.make" in the build-stamp target. Why?

All of which does not influence the resulting package, but it makes
reading the source package needlessly hard.

Helmut

Thanks for your tips, it was very useful for me! I have just fixed all the problems you told about. Can you review my packages again please?
Links:
http://mentors.debian.net/package/instead
http://mentors.debian.net/package/instead-game-cat
http://mentors.debian.net/package/instead-game-lines

As for Debian games team - I wrote to their mailing list month or two ago but there are no any answers yet. Can you advise me what I should do now to find mentor/debian developer for my packages?