Re: [debexpo] Fwd: DebianQA plugin question

On 05.11.2011 05:54, Andrew Starr-Bochicchio wrote:
> I almost forgot that I produced this patch for debexpo. What is the
> correct list for discussion of debexpo development? There is:
>
>  debexpo-devel@workaround.org
>  debexpo-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org

I proposed to get rid of those as they tend to confuse people. I
personally don't read either one, to be honest and apparently Asheesh
doesn't do so either. However, for the time being they are here so we
should really take care someone notices them - sorry about that.

> And people seem to talk about it here as well. My previous patch was
> applied quickly by filling a bug on the Alioth project, but I had
> implementation questions that I wanted to ask first on this one.

While I fear, we're annoying other people, it's probably the best option
to send such questions to debian-mentors for now. Many people do anyway,
so you wouldn't be the first as you noted.

> I was thinking that it might be nice to link to the PTS page for
> packages that are already in Debian. I noticed that there is already a
> plugin that checks if a package is already in Debian, but it does not
> seem to be enabled (nor does it work for me).

Yes, you are right. We're not running the QA plugin currently as it
doesn't do anything useful (yet). However the plugin architecture is
limited in many ways too, so we want to normalize the data plugins are
creating before working on the plugins itself again since that may yield
to API changes.

> If I don't intend to actually finish all of these checks, would it be
> more desirable to move the "Package is in Debian" check to a new
> plugin or to enable the DebianQA plugin and comment out the
> non-working checks?

I am fine to enable the plugin as is with the stub code, as it does not
hurt either. If you only want to have the test_package_in_debian test,
that's fair enough.

I just tested your patch and successively committed it into our
repository [1]. We will announce it here on the mailing list, as soon as
we deploy a version which includes your change.

[1]
http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=debexpo/debexpo.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/devel
- --
with kind regards,