Re: Re: start mysqld from debian/rules?

Bonjour Charles,

Charles Plessy wrote:
> Le Sun, Oct 30, 2011 at 11:04:38PM +0100, Cédric Boutillier a écrit :
> >
> > For the test suite to run for this package, an instance of the mysqld
> > server needs to be started. Installing mysql-server-5.1 as a
> > build-dependency does not start the daemon in a pbuilder chroot, because
> > of policy-rc.d

> Bonjour Cédric,

> I am also a big fan of regression testing at build time, but indeed, it makes
> build dependancies more complex.

> I think that the way to go is to use frameworks like autopkgtest.  I hope that
> in the future, our infrastructure will systematically run such tests on new
> packages.  To help this happen, we need to provide packages that implement
> auopkgtest tests.  How about using it in your case ?

>   http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep8/

That is indeed a great idea. I believe though that it is something that
has to be taken care of inside the packaging tool we use, instead of
inside every single package. There is a whishlist bug reported against
gem2deb (#637917) to integrate gem2deb with DEP-8. So that is something
we could adopt in the (near?) future.

  Cédric