Python build dependencies

Dear list,

I maintain a package called fizsh. Fizsh only depends on zsh.

The package itself does not use python. Neither is python required to
build the package. The package has a build-dependency on
autotools-dev. Apart from this I use debhelper to build the package.
My "./debian/control" file looks like this:

"Source: fizsh
Section: shells
Maintainer: Guido van Steen <vansteen@users.sourceforge.net>
Build-Depends: debhelper (>= 7), autotools-dev
Standards-Version: 3.9.2
Homepage: http://sourceforge.net/projects/fizsh/

Package: fizsh
Architecture: all
Depends: ${misc:Depends}, zsh (>= 4.3.9)
 Fizsh is a frontend to Zsh. It provides the user with interactive syntax
 highlighting and a Matlab-like history search facility. At the same time it
 can handle Bourne syntax."

I have "dh $@ --with autotools-dev" in my "./debian/rules" file

If I build the package with "dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -uc -us" I
get the following warning:

"dh_pysupport: This program is deprecated, you should use dh_python2
instead. Migration guide: http://deb.li/dhs2p";

It is not completely clear to me why get this warning. Why do I do not
need Python to build the package? Is python needed for debhelper? In
that case should python not be included as a build-depend as well?

http://deb.li/dhs2p recommends that I add  "--with python2" to my
"./debian/rules". Is that enough, or should I include python as a
build-depend in "./debian/control" as well?

Where can I read about what should be listed as a build-depend, and
the reasons why?

Thanks in advance!

Guido