Re: berlios closing; where should my projects escape to?

On Oct 18, 2011, at 12:00 PM, Boris Pek wrote:

>>  I don't want to learn GIT right now. Is there someplace I could stay with
>> svn?
>
>Maybe it was the sign to learn something new? =)
>
>Git and Mercurial are really great DVCS. They are very suitable for small
>projects with small developers group.
>
>Subversion is more suitable for extremely big projects with strict hierarchy.
>Or for repos with a lot of binary files.
>
>Bazaar is something terrible designed. But some people use it...

Of course, I'll disagree about Bazaar there.  I think it's actually the most
user friendly of the bunch, and totally up to the task of hosting your
projects.  I use it for almost all of mine.  I also think that it has
workflows and command lines that will feel fairly natural and similar to you
as a Subversion user.  Don't dismiss it out of hand.  (It also has a bzr-svn
plugin for bridging between the two vcs's.)

I am most definitely *not* interested in getting into a flame war about
version control systems.  If you don't like Bazaar, fine, YMMV.  If you have
technical questions, I'm happy to answer them as best I can, or point you to
other forums that can help you.

Cheers,
-Barry