Re: RFS: instead

* Helmut Grohne <helmut@subdivi.de>, 2011-10-12, 09:12:
Your debian/rules file basically needs to be rewritten.

Sorry, but that's not helpful. Care to elaborate what's so inherently wrong with the current debian/rules?

It contains boiler plate like "# Sample debian/rules that uses debhelper."

Sure, the boilerplate is silly. I'd love if dh-make maintainer could be convinced not to insert this nonsense to every debian/rules it creates[0].

It would also help to compress the file by using e.g. dh.

Help with what? (I took me a while to understand what you meant here. dh doesn't compress anything, except through dh_compress. ;>)

Why do you depend on debhelper 8 again

Because he uses compat 8.
when you don't even use dh?

I don't see how is that relevant.

[0] Or, better, if people stopped using dh-make. I really can't see how it makes anything easier. But maybe it's because I'm old and grumpy. :P

--
Jakub Wilk