Re: RFS: ndppd

"Section: unknown" doesn't seem like a good choice. What about net maybe?

Good plan, fixed.

The package description is intended for users that do *not* yet know
what your software is about. As such your short description should
explain that it is related to IPv6 and your long description should also
cover more than two lines.

Fixed.

The Vcs-* fields in debian/control are supposed to contain locations of the Debian packaging, not the upstream source. I suggest that you remove them and put those urls in the documentation. The copyright file might
be a good place.

Packaging is in that very repo, but in the debian branch.
Updated Vcs-Browser to point directly to that branch though.

On the copyright file: I encourage you to have a look at the
http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep5/ copyright format. On the other hand
using this format is *not* required. (Some sponsors seem to require it.)

Fixed, now dep5 format.

Why do you restrict the architectures of the binary package to i386 and
amd64? Please explain or fix.

Updated to linux-any, since ndppd is using features only
present in the linux kernel.

Your Standards-Version is out of date. Please always develop on Debian
sid.

Fixed.

You mentioned a homepage in your email. Maybe you can add a Homepage
header in the source section of your debian/control?

Wasn't one already present? =) It is now anyway.

Your debian/init.d contains unreferenced cruft such as do_reload. Maybe
you can clean it up a bit?

Fixed.

While we're at cleaning. Here's a quote from your debian/rules:
"# Sample debian/rules that uses debhelper." Maybe you could shrink that
one as well?

Fixed.

As you seem to be upstream as well I ask you to polish your upstream
Makefile as well. For instance honouring the $PREFIX environment
variable helps bsd systems with using your software. I'd envision
something like this:

PREFIX ?= /usr/local
MANDIR ?= ${PREFIX}/share/man
SBINDIR ?= ${PREFIX}/sbin
install:
	mkdir -p ${DESTDIR}${SBINDIR} ${DESTDIR}${MANDIR}/man1
${DESTDIR}${MANDIR}/man5

This employs a number of differences to your old method. The $*DIR
variables now contain the final location of files. So if you ever need those locations to update configuration before installing, you can then
use them. The use of $PREFIX allows installation to the traditional
/usr/local location. Furthermore setting those variables with ?= allows overriding them. The same applies to to CFLAGS and CC (which should be
called CXXFLAGS and CXX) as well.

Fixed.

Thank you for the review, Helmut.

Much appreciated!