Re: RFS: uhub (closes ITP bug)

Boris Pek <tehnick-8@mail.ru> writes:

> This package contains small count of source files. So it don't required a lot of time for review.

Didn't have time for a through review yet, but a couple of things I'd
like to comment on:

* debian/copyright appears to be a mix between free-form and DEP-5. I
  would recommend using either, but not a mix between the two, as that
  looks just awkward.

  It would also be nice if you'd describe how exactly the .orig.tar.bz2
  is generated: is it downloaded from the specified location as-is? Is
  it repackaged in one way or the other? (I suppose so, the debian/ dir
  is not present in the .orig.tar.gz)

* debian/uhub.docs

  AUTHORS is already documented in the copyright file, BUGS is - in my
  opinion - not useful in a Debian package, TODO is an empty file, and
  README does not contain all that much information, either.

  debian/doc/getstarted.txt also contains a lot of useless information,
  stuff that's not relevant for users of the Debian binary package.

  Not having a clue about what uhub is, though, there might be things in
  it that users DO need, so this is the only file I'd leave in
  debian/uhub.docs. And add the WiKi link from README to it.

* debian/uhub.postrm, debian/uhub.prerm

  These files can be safely removed, as they only includes a #DEBHELPER#
  tag.

* debian/uhub.postinst

  The postinst unconditionally chmods /var/log/uhub to 750 on every
  upgrade. I would suggestshipping the directory in the deb with that
  permission already, and drop the postinst.

* debian/rules

  Please do NOT set SILENT=YES! We do want to see the exact commandline,
  together with command-line options and whatnot, so that any possible
  build failiures or miscompilations can be tracked easier.

* Other notes

  Since uhub seems to have the option of being compiled with SSL
  support, it might be a good idea to enable that, perhaps?