Re: RFS: xxxterm

Hi Michael,

On Sat, Sep 03, 2011 at 06:49:36PM +0100, Michael Tautschnig wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > I am looking for a sponsor for my package "xxxterm".
> >
> >  * Package name    : xxxterm
> >    Version         : 1.518-1
> >    Upstream Author : Several (Marco Peereboom <marco@peereboom.us>)
> >  * URL             : http://opensource.conformal.com/wiki/XXXTerm
> >  * License         : ISC, MIT, BSD-4-clause, BSD-3-clause, BSD-2-clause, CC-BY
> >    Section         : web
> >
> [...]
>
> The package looks mostly fine, except for one major error (as also reported by
> lintian):
>
> E: xxxterm: menu-icon-not-in-xpm-format usr/share/xxxterm/xxxtermicon32.png
>
> If that could be fixed, the package should be ready to be uploaded.

Thank you for your review.

As the png files within the package are provided by upstreams, I thought
it would be OK to keep them.  What's the usual way to correct this error?
Coverting them to xpm files?

Anyway, these png files have been causing lots of troubles in the package
(copyright related issues), so I guess I will finally just remove them or
replace them by other icons.

Do you have any suggestions on where can I find a set of icons that could
be used?  I was trying to find a package containing generic icons that
could be used, but I couldn't find any...

Cheers,
--
Luis Henriques