Re: RFS: spotweb (third version)

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your review.

On 09/03/2011 06:17 PM, Michael Tautschnig wrote:

[...]
> I've taken a look at your package and have the following comments:
>
> - debian/compat says 5 but your require debhelper 8 in debian/control.

Fixed. This remark caused me to read up in the Policy manual about the
meaning of debian/compat. I'd have expected lintian to catch this, by
the way.
> - I don't see where you migrated to debhelper from cdbs!?

Somewhere in history - not important now.
> - Please try to convince upstream to produce release tags - using git SHA1 in
>   version numbers means that essentially you can only do a single release on any
>   given date.

I've asked, no response yet (I asked 5 minutes ago...)
> Other than the above, your package looks pretty ok. In your changelog, however,
> you indicate that this packaging is preliminary. I suppose the next version will
> be a releasable one!?

As far as I'm concerned, yes. The new version is on mentors, the .dsc is at

http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/s/spotweb/spotweb_0~20110903+gitab1d95b4-1.dsc

By the way, I'm a Maintainer, and I've set the DM-Upload-Allowed flag on
this package. Hope you agree to that.

Thanks again for taking the time to look at the spotweb package!

Kind regards

Jan-Pascal