Re: RFS: cvsconnect (QA upload) [new package]

On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 07:56:16PM +0200, Gergely Nagy wrote:
> Jeroen Schot <schot@A-Eskwadraat.nl> writes:
> > On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 01:07:28PM +0200, Sven Hoexter wrote:
> I'd mention the CVS repo in debian/copyright. A dead link, however
> historical it may be, is fairly useless.

I have to disagree with you here. The point of mentioning the source
of a package in debian/copyright is to document it's origin. The
original source URL can still be useful in combination with services
such as The Wayback Machine[1].

[1]: http://www.archive.org/web/web.php

I prepared a new package and uploaded it to mentors:
lintian -IE --pedantic reports the following:
P: cvsconnect: no-upstream-changelog  (there is no upstream changelog)
P: cvsconnect: no-homepage-field      (removed because it's dead)

Same locations as before:
http://mentors.debian.net/package/cvsconnect
dget -x http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/c/cvsconnect/cvsconnect_0.1.cvs20001202-2.dsc

I hope someone can review/upload this package.

Regards,
--
Jeroen Schot