Re: mentors.dn package removal request

On Sun, Aug 28, 2011 at 06:05:55PM -0400, Asheesh Laroia wrote:
> Sure -- I could remove it. I'd rather, though, say we should fix the PTS
> to only show versions of packages greater than the ones in Debian.
>
> Can you file that bug against the PTS? I don't removing it from m.d.n
> once you have done so.

This bug (#624227) has already been filed against the PTS and this
entire feature of the PTS should be restructured with debexpo for
multiple reasons. The biggest reason is that not all packages on m.d.n
are actually in need of a sponsor. Since debexpo keeps a flag for "Needs
Sponsor", the hope is that the PTS can begin to use that metadata in the
future (instead of simply interacting with the source repository as it
does now).

Thanks
-
Kyle Willmon

P.S. IANA PTS maintainer. All of this is information gathered from
informal discussions with one of the PTS maintainers. My interpretation
of planned modifications to the PTS may be outdated or incorrect.