RFS: gawk

Dear mentors,

I am looking for a sponsor for my package "gawk".

It builds those binary packages:

gawk  - GNU awk, a pattern scanning and processing language

This is a new upstream version (4.0.0). Because this is a pretty major
release the initial upload targeted at experimental.

The previous version of this package in the archive was a NMU by me.
In the mean time I have been able to contact the current maintainer.
He informed me that he currently lacks the time and he doesn't mind me
taking care of the package and adding myself to Uploaders.

Besides being a new upstream version I've also fixed some lintian
warnings like switching to source format '3.0 (quilt)' and adding
'set -e' to the maintainer scripts and updating to the latest
Standards-Version (after consulting the upgrading-checklist).

The only lintian warning left is 'spelling-error-in-binary', because
changing this would break all translations. Apart from that the
package is lintian clean when ran with '-i -IE --pedantic'.

All these changes are of course mentioned in debian/changelog. I
appreciate all comments about the package.

To access further information about this package, please visit the
following URL:

  http://mentors.debian.net/package/gawk

Alternatively, one can download the package with dget using this
command:

  dget -x http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/g/gawk/gawk_4.0.0+dfsg-1.dsc

Regards,
--