Re: RFS: parcellite 1.0.2~rc2-1 (updated package)

On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 10:07 AM, Kilian Krause <kilian@debian.org> wrote:
> Anyway, regarding your packaging:
>
> 1.) adding autotools-dev would be still a plus for your package.
>
> 2.) debian/copyright is not (yet) in DEP-5 format but in some older format.
>    I don't know about Ubuntu but for Debian converting to DEP-5 would be
>    preferred (at least in d-mentors)
>
> 3.) debian/patches/dsofix.patch is having a good DEP-3 header already yet
>    hasn't been marked as pushed upstream. Don't you think upstream will be
>    interested in importing this back into their files?
>
> 4.) The LGPL2 files obviously still have the wrong FSF address:
> ./src/eggaccelerators.h: LGPL (v2 or later) (with incorrect FSF address)
> ./src/eggaccelerators.c: LGPL (v2 or later) (with incorrect FSF address)
>    You may want to inform upstream about this and have them fix this with
>    the next release.
>
> Other than that looks good to go, thus built, signed, uploaded.

Thanks for the detailed review and upload! Good news and bad news.

Bad news first: This upload introduced bug #637272

Good news: Upstream has already released a fix, and I have an upload
prepared with this new release that also addresses all of your above
points!

I've uploaded it to debexpo:

dget -x http://expo.debian.net/debian/pool/main/p/parcellite/parcellite_1.0.2~rc3-1.dsc

If for some reason it has gotten lost in the transition, you can grab
it from collab-maint with:

bzr branch http://bzr.debian.org/bzr/collab-maint/parcellite/unstable/
bzr builddeb -S -- -sa

Here's the changelog for this release:

parcellite (1.0.2~rc3-1) unstable; urgency=low

  * debian/copyright: Update to current revision of Dep 5.
  * Update config.sub and config.guess with dh_autotools_dev.
  * debian/patches/dsofix.patch: Add upstream bug to header.
  * New upstream release.
   - Fixed Status Icon missing on execute Action (Closes: #637272).

Thanks so much!

-- Andrew Starr-Bochicchio

   Ubuntu Developer <https://launchpad.net/~andrewsomething>
   Debian Contributor