Re: RFS: Sitplus -- Free software framework for ludic-therapeutic activities

On Tue, Aug 09, 2011 at 07:11:21PM +0200, Luis Rivas wrote:
> 2011/8/9 Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu>:
> > Hi Luis,
> >
> > did you considered maintaining this package in the Debian Med team?
> > There seems to be some consensus that this package would fit into our
> > set of packages.  I'd volunteer to sponsor the package (but it's
> > perfectly fine if this is done by Kilian for sure).
>
> Hi, Andreas.
>
> If you think Sitplus can be of interest for Debian Med,

I did discussed at Debian Med mailing list and besides other mails (also
in PM) this one[1] expresses the same strong agreement as I do.  As you
might possibly know the Debian Med project as one of the Blends inside
Debian maintains some so called tasks which are kind of categorising the
applications.  The tasks page[2] provides an overview about current
categories we are maintaining.

Your package is somehow "end user" oriented (not for practicioners or
researchers) and the only task which is currently featuring such things
is "tools" (which is some kind of "something else" currently).  I'm not
perfectly comfortable by putting Sitplus into this category.  While Eric
in his posting[1] suggested a new category "accessibility" I'm not
really sure that this is not missleading because in terms of computer
usage we are trying to make programs more accessible for people with
some handicap when using the term "accessibility".  I personally would
rather tend to a category "therapy" which might fit better into the
medical context and also might find some other applications which fit in
later.

What's your opinion about such a categorisation out of the options
{tools, accessibility, therapy}.  Finally as the packager we would
defintely consider your vote as expert.

> I would be
> pleased with maintaining it in the Debian Med team.

So you might like to read the team policy[3] which in your case
boils down to something like:

  1. Subscribe to the Debian-Med alioth project (or tell me
     your Alioth login - I did not found your name in the list
     of Alioth users) - this enables commit permission to the
     VCSes we use in Debian Med
  2. Decide either for Git or SVN and commit your packaging
     stuff for Sitplus
  3. Ping the mailing list debian-med@lists.debian.org for
     sponsoring.
     Subscribing this list makes sense regarding the maintenance
     of the package itself as well as possibly getting some
     other packages which you might be interested in.

Kind regards

       Andreas.

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-med/2011/08/msg00043.html
[2] http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/tasks/