Re: RFS: ndpmon

Now that I have the correct version of lintian, things look better.  I have upload a new version of the ndpmon package.  I changed the version back to 1.4.0-1 because I was told I shouldn't change the version number if this was the initial release of the package.  Thanks for all of the help.

On Sat, Aug 6, 2011 at 5:41 PM, Kilian Krause <kilian@debian.org> wrote:
Hi John,

On Sat, Aug 06, 2011 at 05:26:26PM -0400, John R. Baskwill wrote:
> 2011/8/4 Benoît Knecht <benoit.knecht@fsfe.org>
[...]
> These files are included in the original tarball.  I modified the clean
> target to remove these files, and also included lintian overrides for the
> files.  I will suggest to upstream to not include these files in the future.
>  I do have one question about the tarball, though.  The file I downloaded
> was named ndpmon-1.4.0.tgz.  Everything I read about packaging seemed to
> assume the tarball would be named ndpmon-1.4.0.tar.gz, so I renamed the
> file.  Is that permissible, or should I have left the name as it was?

Renaming is fine. uscan will do that for you even if you ask it to --rename.

As you have a configure-based upstream source I hope you've put
autotools-dev in charge of keeping your config.* files up to date. ;-)

> My lintian says the current standard is 3.9.1, but OK.

Then use the latest unstable or backports version. ;-)

[...]
> > Received
> > Recieved
> > unkown
> > unkown
> > usr/share/man/man8/ndpmon.8.gz
> > > >

> I included patches to correct the spelling errors.  The patches have not
> been sent upstream yet, but I will do that.  The copyright file is in DEP5
> format.

Patches should have their headers in DEP-3 format. DEP-5 is for
debian/changelog only.

[...]

Thanks for keeping us posted!

Please also tell us when the next version is up on mentors.d.n for review.

--
Best regards,
Kilian

--
John R. Baskwill, jrb28@psu.edu
Systems Analyst, Information Technology Services