Re: RFS: presage

Hi Kilian,

Many thanks for taking the time to review my package.

Your changelog looks like this has been in Debian for a looong time yet I
cannot find any traces of it. If you reckon this is an initial upload there
should be only one entry in debian/changelog.

Yes, this would be an initial upload to Debian, if accepted. I previously uploaded the package for review to debian-mentors, and added a changelog entry for each round of reviews.

I would be glad if someone reviewed/uploaded this package for me.
Ok, you asked for it, so here goes:

1.) debian/control has broken RFC822 multiline fields. The first char of all
     subsequent lines needs to be a white space.

Subsequent lines in multiline fields begin with a single space character. I think this complies with RFC822, or am I missing something?

     Just for the record: LaTeX is spelled LaTeX not LaTex.

Fixed mispelling of LaTeX.

2.) debian/changelog should only be the initial entry for a first time
     upload.

I condensed the various changelog entries (each corresponding to a package submission to debian-mentors for review) into one entry.

3.) Vcs-Svn and Vcs-Browser look like you haven't splitted out Debian
     packaging from upstream. This should be separated as a best practice.

]I changed Vcs-Svn and Vcs-Browser to point to the Debian packaging trunk, rather than the upstream presage project trunk.

4.) Using dh_python2 would allow you to use ${python:Depends}

I removed dependency on python-support and switched to dh_python2.

5.) debian/copyright is still at rev 135. Latest candidate of DEP-5 is 174

     Moreover there's a typo: License: GLP-2+
     And these seem to be not included:
     ./apps/gtk/gprompter/scintilla/src/RESearch.h: *No copyright* Public domain
     ./apps/gtk/gprompter/scintilla/lexlib/StyleContext.cxx: Public domain
     ./apps/gtk/gprompter/scintilla/lexlib/StyleContext.h: Public domain

Fixed typo and added missing files.

BTW, is there a tool I can use to check that debian/copyright is in good shape?

6.) debian/libpresage1.symbols looks pretty empty

The symbols exported by the libpresage1 shared library are controlled and versioned by a linker version script (src/lib/libpresage.map). debian/libpresage1.symbols leverages upstream symbol versioning.

7.) usr/share/doc/libpresage-dev doesn't need to be created in
     debian/libpresage-dev.dirs - it'll be auto-created by
     debian/libpresage-dev.docs if required.

Fixed, removed debian/libpresage-dev.dirs

8.) autotools-dev is pulled in as Build-Depends but not activated in
     debian/rules' dh call.

I added the `--with autotools_dev' flag to the dh call in debian/rules.

9.) #468814 should be retitled to ITP

Done.

10.) pyprompter and libpresage-dev are arch any but none of which has any
      arch dependent files. Do you plan to add a static lib or something?

I changed pyprompter package to arch: all and changed its dependency to python-presage (>= ${binary:Version}) to clear the lintian not-binnmuable-all-depends-any error. Is this appropriate?

I'm not sure what to do with the libpresage-dev package.
I tried changing this to arch: all, but this also caused lintian to give a not-binnmuable-all-depends-any error.
Should -dev packages not be arch: any ?
Can I change its "libpresage1 (= ${binary:Version})" to "libpresage1 (>= ${binary:Version})" ?

- Source repository: deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable main contrib non-free - dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/p/presage/presage_0.8.6-3.dsc

Cheers,
- Matteo