Re: RFS: l2tp-ipsec-vpn

Hi Kilian,

yes my fault, I missed to clean the test files in the clean target.

I also moved the dependencies to openswan and xl2tpd from package
l2tp-ipsec-vpn to package  l2tp-ipsec-vpn-daemon.

I've just uploaded the changes, so please have another look at it.

Best Regards
 Werner

On 08/04/2011 10:37 PM, Kilian Krause wrote:
> Hi Werner,
>
> On Thu, Aug 04, 2011 at 08:13:39PM +0200, Werner Jaeger wrote:
>> I just uploaded following changes for packages l2tp-ipsec-vpn and
>> l2tp-ipsec-vpn-daemon
>>
>> - deleted postinst, postrm, prerm (l2tp-ipsec-vpn-daemon)
>> - removed hard coded arch (l2tp-ipsec-vpn, l2tp-ipsec-vpn-daemon)
>> - simplified rules by putting all dependencies into make file
>> (l2tp-ipsec-vpn, l2tp-ipsec-vpn-daemon)
>> - added tests (l2tp-ipsec-vpn)
>>
>> I did not change the daemon path
>> "/usr/lib/l2tp-ipsec-vpn-daemon/L2tpIPsecVpnControlDaemon" to /usr/sbin,
>> because the daemon is supposed to be called only from the GUI.
According to

http://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/fhs/fhs-2.3.html#USRLIBLIBRARIESFORPROGRAMMINGANDPA

>> I think this is the right place.
>>
>> Hoping to receive either further reviews or that someone will put the
>> packages into NEW.
>
> Good work! ;-)
>
> Just wondering whether the Depends on openswan and xl2tpd shouldn't rather
> be put into the l2tp-ipsec-vpn-daemon package instead of just into the
gui package.

> Regarding the dh_installchangelogs override - that one shouldn't be
> necessary with debhelper compat at 7 and greater. It's not wrong to put it
> though. ;-)
>
> The l2tp-ipsec-vpn-daemon builds ok, but with your latest changes
rebuilding
> the l2tp-ipsec-vpn fails for me with:
>
> dpkg-source: info: building l2tp-ipsec-vpn using existing
./l2tp-ipsec-vpn_1.0.0.orig.tar.gz
> dpkg-source: error: cannot represent change to
l2tp-ipsec-vpn-1.0.0/build/TestFiles/EncSecretsTests.o: binary file
contents changed
> dpkg-source: error: add build/TestFiles/EncSecretsTests.o in
debian/source/include-binaries if you want to store the modified binary
in the debian tarball
> dpkg-source: error: cannot represent change to
l2tp-ipsec-vpn-1.0.0/build/TestFiles/f2: binary file contents changed
> dpkg-source: error: add build/TestFiles/f2 in
debian/source/include-binaries if you want to store the modified binary
in the debian tarball
> dpkg-source: error: cannot represent change to
l2tp-ipsec-vpn-1.0.0/build/TestFiles/LibtoolTests.o: binary file
contents changed
> dpkg-source: error: add build/TestFiles/LibtoolTests.o in
debian/source/include-binaries if you want to store the modified binary
in the debian tarball
> dpkg-source: error: cannot represent change to
l2tp-ipsec-vpn-1.0.0/build/TestFiles/f1: binary file contents changed
> dpkg-source: error: add build/TestFiles/f1 in
debian/source/include-binaries if you want to store the modified binary
in the debian tarball
> dpkg-source: error: cannot represent change to
l2tp-ipsec-vpn-1.0.0/build/TestFiles/Pkcs12Tests.o: binary file contents
changed
> dpkg-source: error: add build/TestFiles/Pkcs12Tests.o in
debian/source/include-binaries if you want to store the modified binary
in the debian tarball
> dpkg-source: error: cannot represent change to
l2tp-ipsec-vpn-1.0.0/build/TestFiles/TestRunner.o: binary file contents
changed
> dpkg-source: error: add build/TestFiles/TestRunner.o in
debian/source/include-binaries if you want to store the modified binary
in the debian tarball
> dpkg-source: error: cannot represent change to
l2tp-ipsec-vpn-1.0.0/build/TestFiles/f3: binary file contents changed