Re: RFS: mpd-sima (updated package)

Hi Kilian,

Thanks for your review :)

Le 03/08/2011 18:29, Kilian Krause a écrit :
> On Mon, Aug 01, 2011 at 04:42:15PM +0200, Geoffroy Youri Berret wrote:
>> I gentle ping on this package :)
>>
>> I moved the packaged to "Debian Multimedia Maintainers".
>> 	git://git.debian.org/pkg-multimedia/mpd-sima.git
>>
>> I believe the package to be in pretty good shape now.
> […]
> 1.) You build-depend on bash-completion. What for? Moreover you build-depend
>     on python-all which huge compared to what you will actually need IMHO.
>     Why not limit that more to what is actually required?
[bash-completion]
I need bash-completion because it provides dh_bash-completion.
It'll handle debian/mpd-sima.bash-completion properly.

[python-all]
Well, I think need python 2.6 and python 2.7, I guess then I could save python
2.5 setting a build depends on python2.6 instead of python-all.
But isn't “python-all (>= 2.6.6-3~)” similar?

> 2.) You should leave the new upload at 0.8.0-1 because your changelog entry
>     never made it into unstable as a package. (Your sponsor would need to
>     build with -sa and -v etc. etc. which is nasty)
Indeed your right. I bumped the package version when I included latest
reviews. I wasn't sure of the right move back then, I understand now I should
have appended them to ease uploaders work.

> 3.) You drop debian/html from the docs without mentioning in the changelog
That was actually a dummy entry within debian/mpd-sima.docs which never
provided html documentation. That was an attempt to build html docs when
working on package for 0.8 branch that I forgot to clean up… Since it was not
in in previous packages uploaded to Debian I did not mentioned it in the Changelog

“4.)” somehow disappeared ^^

> 5.) http://sima.codingteam.net seems no longer valid. New homepage is at...?
Damn!! You're right! The forge hosting the project did actually move to a new
server and lost that feature during the migration. Thanks for noticing!
I'll switch to a more robust URL.

> 6.) /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL in debian/copyright should rather be the
>     versioned reference (GPL-3)
Done

> 7.) lintian proposes to enhance simadb_cli.1.gz: "allows to" should be "allows one to"
This has been fixed upstream :)
I don't want to push a patch in the package for that, I prefer to keep things
simple :)

>> I would be glad if someone uploaded this package for me.
>
> Please comment the above and I'll put it in.

I've uploaded a new version, tagged 0.8.0-1, to mentors.
I haven't pushed to the git repo yet.

http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/m/mpd-sima/mpd-sima_0.8.0-1.dsc

Thanks
	Geoff