Re: Adding symbols files to the tango package.

Hi,

[...]
> Yes that is why I try to apply the generated patch and it does not work for exemple
> this hunk took from the armel architecture

[...]
> as you can see the patch generated by dpkg-gensymbols can not apply.
> Indeed symbols are not ordered the same way ??? Maybe this is due to the c++ demangled symbols.

Indeed symbol ordering may vary, but also there is no reason for dpkg-gensymbols
to guarantee a particular ordering.  Although dpkg-gensymbols produces a diff,
this is surely not meant for you to apply directly as a patch: each change
requires proper manual inspection to understand whether this is an intended
change. The symbols file is not to be understood as a mere documentation/dumb
list, rather it is a contract: as a package maintainer you guarantee that the
listed symbols are provided.

Best,
Michael