Re: RFS: mosquitto (new upstream version)

Hi Roger,

On Tue, 2011-07-26 at 09:20 +0100, Roger Light wrote:
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "mosquitto". This is an
> updated package for a new upstream version. The new version includes
> an additional exported symbol in the two libraries. I believe I've
> updated the .symbols files correctly, but would appreciate it being
> checked.
>
> The package is lintian clean.
> - dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/m/mosquitto/mosquitto_0.12-1.dsc

Thanks for your work.

Your package still has rev 135 of DEP-5 in debian/copyright. That may be
worth updating with the next upload.

The files in debian/ are reported as in the future. You may want to
check your system clock. ;-)

Regarding the symbols: As I see it you're having C++ symbols in
libmosquittopp0. I think it'd make sense to use the c++ feature. See the
list archive of this list for a number of hints and references/best
practice etc.. Other than that no problems I would see there.

Your patches don't have a DEP-3 header making it impossible to tell
whether they have been pushed upstream. I guess upstream would be
interested in at least some of them.

You have debian/pyversions which you might also want to document in
debian/control as XS-Python-Version.

The binaries python-mosquitto, libmosquitto0-dev, libmosquittopp0-dev,
python-mosquitto do not have any arch dependent code AFAICT yet they are
marked as arch=any. Do you see any problem making them arch=all?

Anyway, built, signed, uploaded.

Cheers.

--
Best regards,