Re: RFS: spice

On Sun, Jul 24, 2011 at 5:50 PM, Jakub Wilk <jwilk@debian.org> wrote:
> * Liang Guo <bluestonechina@gmail.com>, 2011-07-24, 12:24:

>>> You shouldn't need to override these warnings if the clean target would
>>> just seriously delete them (not as make distclean but plain rm -f).
>>> Alternatively you could stuff them into debian/clean. That should get rid of
>>> the warning and thus the need to override.
>>
>> The lintian warning configure-generated-file-in-source is caused by
>> upstream celt package, it comes with config.log and config.status, to remove
>> this lintian warning, I need repack spice_0.8.2.orig-celt.tar.gz which I
>> think it is not nessary.
>
> That's right. This is what lintian-info says:
>
> N: configure-generated-file-in-source
> N:
> N:   Leaving config.cache/status causes autobuilders problems. config.cache
> N:   and config.status are produced by GNU autoconf's configure scripts. If
> N:   they are left in the source package, autobuilders may pick up settings
> N:   for the wrong architecture.
> N:   N:   The clean rule in debian/rules should remove this file. This
> should
> N:   ideally be done by fixing the upstream build system to do it when you
> N:   run the appropriate cleaning command (and don't forget to forward the
> N:   fix to the upstream authors so it doesn't happen in the next release).
> N:   If that is already implemented, then make sure you are indeed cleaning
> N:   it in the clean rule. If all else fails, a simple rm -f should work.
> N:   N:   Note that Lintian cannot reliably detect the removal in the clean
> N:   rule, so once you fix this, please ignore or override this warning.
>
> However, lintian info is wrong in one aspect: clean target is not the
> correct place to remove these files. The purpose of the clean target is to
> remove stuff *after* the build, which is of course way to late. The files
> should be removed in the build target instead.

I've updated debian/rules to remove celt/config.log and celt/config.status
before build celt, and celt/config.{log, status} will be deleted in
debian/rules
clean and build target.

main contrib non-free
- dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/s/spice/spice_0.8.2-1.dsc

And  its git repository is:

git://git.debian.org/collab-maint/spice.git
http://git.debian.org/?p=collab-maint/spice.git;a=summary

Thanks,
--
Liang Guo