Re: RFS: vim-subtitles, vim-srt, vim-sub, vim-mpsub

Sven Wick wrote:
> I uploaded new revisions of the packages:
>
> http://mentors.debian.net/cgi-bin/sponsor-pkglist?maintainer=sven.wick%40gmx.de

Okay, so here are my comments:

  - Looking at the content of your packages, I think it would make much
    more sense to have one source package (called vim-subtitles) produce
    the three binary packages (vim-srt, vim-sub and vim-mpsub) and the
    metapackage.

Commenting now on vim-srt only (I assume the other two are packaged
similarly, and they should end up being in the same source package
anyway):

  - debian/patches: I don't see the point of creating an upstream
    Makefile (there's no chance of having it integrated upstream, and
    you can achieve the same thing from debian/rules or even using
    debian/*.install).

  - debian/README.Debian: Wrap lines at 80 columns. I also think it
    should say "by default" instead of "per default".

  - debian/copyright: You have a GPL-2.0 license field (which I think
    should be called GPL-2 instead, but that's purely cosmetic) that
    says "version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later
    version". I don't know what was upstream's intention, but you should
    figure it out and correct either the short name or the license text.

  - debian/control: I'm not sure why you depend on debhelper >= 8.0.0~,
    I think >= 8 is just fine.

  - I like the example file, but I'm not sure you should advise users to
    report bugs to your email address directly; better tell them to use
    Debian's BTS.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

--