Re: RFS: vim-subtitles, vim-srt, vim-sub, vim-mpsub
Sven Wick wrote:
> I uploaded new revisions of the packages:
Okay, so here are my comments:
- Looking at the content of your packages, I think it would make much
more sense to have one source package (called vim-subtitles) produce
the three binary packages (vim-srt, vim-sub and vim-mpsub) and the
Commenting now on vim-srt only (I assume the other two are packaged
similarly, and they should end up being in the same source package
- debian/patches: I don't see the point of creating an upstream
Makefile (there's no chance of having it integrated upstream, and
you can achieve the same thing from debian/rules or even using
- debian/README.Debian: Wrap lines at 80 columns. I also think it
should say "by default" instead of "per default".
- debian/copyright: You have a GPL-2.0 license field (which I think
should be called GPL-2 instead, but that's purely cosmetic) that
says "version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later
version". I don't know what was upstream's intention, but you should
figure it out and correct either the short name or the license text.
- debian/control: I'm not sure why you depend on debhelper >= 8.0.0~,
I think >= 8 is just fine.
- I like the example file, but I'm not sure you should advise users to
report bugs to your email address directly; better tell them to use
I hope this helps.