Re: RFS: JLDrill

Hi again,

> On 11 July 2011 06:09, Michael Tautschnig <mt@debian.org> wrote:
> > Just one more note, though: you don't even have filed an ITP for this package,
> > which could also have drawn more interest to this package.
>
> Hi Michael.  Thanks for the response.  Since I didn't get a response
> for the RFP, I thought I would wait until the next release before I tried again.
> I will definitely contact the Debian Ruby team.  Thanks for the advice.
> Also, what is an ITP?  I'm new to Debian, so I'm not familiar with
> everything yet.

Oops, sorry for being brief on that. An "ITP" is the intent-to-package, which is
a bug report to be filed against the wnpp pseudo package. Have you already had a
chance to read the "Debian New Maintainers' Guide"? I'd suggest to start from
there, which at least will briefly touch upon the ITP in the section dedicated
to debian/changelog.

Hope this helps,
Michael