Re: RFS: xxxterm (2nd attempt)

Hi,

Kilian Krause <kilian@debian.org> writes:
> Having a look at your package I find:

Ok, so I re-worked the package and uploaded a new version into mentors:

dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/x/xxxterm/xxxterm_1.399-1.dsc

I tried to follow all the advices, a few comments follow.

> 1. You're using debhelper compat 7 and also only debhelper >= 7.0.50~ as
> Build-Depends. Please bump that to 8
>
> 2. Since debhelper 7 there's dh which should help clearing out your
> debian/rules quit a bit. I'd recommend switching to that

Ok, I have updated this (and followed carefully the discussion triggered
by this comment).  You were right: using dh makes it a little bit
simpler ;-)

> 3. There's some lintian comments that would improve your package:
> I: xxxterm: spelling-error-in-binary usr/bin/xxxterm paramters
> parameters
> P: xxxterm: no-upstream-changelog
> I: xxxterm: package-contains-empty-directory usr/lib/
> I: xxxterm: hyphen-used-as-minus-sign usr/share/man/man1/xxxterm.1.gz:70
> I: xxxterm: hyphen-used-as-minus-sign usr/share/man/man1/xxxterm.1.gz:71
> I: xxxterm: hyphen-used-as-minus-sign
> usr/share/man/man1/xxxterm.1.gz:748
>
> 4. Why only install xxxterm.conf as example instead of putting it
> into /etc/xxxterm.conf where it's required?

As I said before, the application does not read the configuration from
/etc.  Thus, there's no point in putting it there.

> 5. Your patches seem to not have been pushed back upstream. Did you
> consider that?

Just sent them.  Two of these patches have been discarded (comments on
the patches description).  I didn't received any feedback on the other
ones, so I would assume they have been queued.

Note that there is no mailing list for this project, so I can not add
reference on the description.  Eventually, once patches are merged, I
can refer either to the CVS commit or to the cvsweb URL.

> Of those I'd be especially interested in 4. - otherwise the package
> could be uploaded IMHO.

Hope the package is now closer to be accepted.

Cheers,
--
Luis Henriques