Re: RFS: sxiv

Hi Daniel,

non-D{D,M} speaking, but i have used sxiv now and then and even
did a quick&dirty package for myself, so let me comment your
welcomed package effort for inclusion sxiv in debian main:

On Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 03:37, Daniel Echeverry <epsilon77@gmail.com> wrote:

Thats true for lintian without any option, but its a good idea to let it watch
a bit more pedantic at times. Not everything it suggests in these modes
is necessarily a good suggestion, but some are worthwhile:

$ lintian -I -E --pedantic sxiv_0.8.2-1_i386.changes
P: sxiv: no-upstream-changelog
I: sxiv: hyphen-used-as-minus-sign usr/share/man/man1/sxiv.1.gz:79
I: sxiv: hyphen-used-as-minus-sign usr/share/man/man1/sxiv.1.gz:239

The first can be ignored as upstream doesn't provide a changelog
(you can ask for one of course if you want), but the others are easy
to fix. Don't forget to sent them upstream. :)

Apropos patches: You have a patch to not install the manpage from
the Makefile. Why? I don't see a reason for it as debhelper does
the right thing (TM), but either way that is something you should
note in the description of the patch if you keep it that way.

A small thing regarding debian/copyright in dep5:
The Format: links to dep5 homepage. You need to link to a versioned
spec so a machine knows how to interpret your file.

And as i am really pedantic at times (feel free to ignore it):
* spec allows it to say 'GPL-2.0+' but 'GPL-2+' is a lot more used
  so the first looks like it would be special in some way
  (the emphasis on 2.0 instead of 'just' 2 i mean).
* you don't need to move the license text to a new 'License:' block

All in all i can't find something really serious,
so i hope you will find a sponsor soon.

Best regards

David Kalnischkies