Re: RFS: webhoneypot (4th and last try)

Le mercredi 29 juin 2011 23:07:09, Matteo Cypriani a écrit :
> Hi Christian,
>
> I had a quick look at your package, and here are some remarks.
>
> First, the project's page mention the following:
> "This project is used to develop the honeypot. Do not use this code to
> install a honeypot unless you are interested in helping development."
> I wonder if such a program can enter the Debian archive. Maybe a DD
> could give his opinion about that?
To me it doesn't seem like a restriction but more like an advice. Except if it
appears in source file's header or LICENSE/COPYING file, I don't think there is
an issue here. Note that I'm not DD myself.

> About the packaging itself, I think you could use debhelper 8 and
> simplify debian/rules.
>
> debian/source/format:
> There is an extra blank line, I don't know if it is disturbing or not.
>
> debian/README.debian should be debian/README.Debian.
>
> debian/manpages/webhoneypot.1:
> -Please see /usr/share/doc/webhoneypot/README.debian for details.
> +Please see /usr/share/doc/webhoneypot/README.Debian for details.
>
> debian/copyright:
> * Consider updating to the last DEP-5 format (there is a lot of changes
>   since r135).
> * The "Licence" field should include the GPL copyright notice header.
> * You should mention the copyright and license information for the
>   packaging files with a section "Files: debian/*".
Tip: you can use config-edit to update, with config-edit -application dpkg-
copyright -ui none -save
Then review the changes done to the copyright file.

> debian/patches/debian-changes-0.1.r123-1:
> I think you should split this into several patches and document what
> each patch is for, preferably using the DEP-3 format.
And also rename the patches. A patch with this name seems like created
automatically by dpkg-source because there was some changes outside the
debian/ directory. Note that I didn't look at your source package so this is
pure speculation.

> Hope this helps,
>
>   Matteo

Best regards,